You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID email account now locked

My Apple ID uses a gmail account I've had for many years, that is now locked. I left a post a few weeks ago, about Safari not saving a generated strong password when I went to change passwords for that account. Won't go into details other than to say that event of Safari not saving the password set off a cascade such that I'm on Google AI's bad side at present.

I use that account for my Apple ID, so I'm trying to find out what I should do. As of now, Apple hasn't locked me out of my Apple account for having a closed associated gmail account, but I'm nervous that status will not last as other accounts such as subscription services I set up with that gmail are now not allowing me to sign in.

Any advice on how to proceed is appreciated. Because I don't have a recent enough Mac with full customer support from Apple, I can't contact anyone from Apple directly about this situation. There has to be some way to resolve this before I lose my ability to install new operating systems, lose cloud subscription, etc.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 1:42 PM

Have you considered changing your Apple ID email address? Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply

Apple ID email account now locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.