You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t log into new Mac Mini. After setting up K780 keyboard and then shutting down the mini won’t recognise the K78-0 or even the Apple magic keyboard I had previously set up. Any ideas other than using a wired keyboard?

I set up my new Mac Mini to reognise the magic keyboard initially (worked well) then tried setting upp Logitech K780. Had difficulty at first but after “forgetting” the magic keyboard the K780 connected. All good until I shut down wnd on restart neither of the keyboards was recognised so now I can’t log in.

I suspect using a wired keyboard will probably work but I don’t want to spend even more money if I don’t have to. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 4:11 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2020 5:22 PM in response to den.thed

Thanks for this. I got a $20 one locally which is working well (feels terrible though ..... sort of like a $20 keyboard should :-) )

The Apple keyboard worked fine. The Logitech K780 wasn't recognised again. That's a real pain because it can be used across multiple devices and allowed separate connection to iPad, iPhone, Mac Mini with the push of a button. Looks like I'll have to go through the whole connection process again if I want to keep using it.

Dear Apple, can you please fix this issue ........ and PS can you also fix it so I can use my iPod minis in stereo when connected to the M1 Mac Mini

I can’t log into new Mac Mini. After setting up K780 keyboard and then shutting down the mini won’t recognise the K78-0 or even the Apple magic keyboard I had previously set up. Any ideas other than using a wired keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.