You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xbox or similar controller for Apple TV and Apple Arcade

I was searching for a compatible and supported controller that is currently being sold for use of basic children's Apple Arcade games that we can play through our Series 3 Apple TV (hopefully will upgrade with the next Apple TV update)... Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Apple Arcade on Apple TV requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 13 or later.

These are the currently compatible controllers: Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device - Apple Support

I got the ‘1708’ a while back, and that works fine, although I’m still getting used to operating a controller instead of a keyboard (never really played Xbox). There were two later Xbox Wireless Controller models (1797 and 1914); the 1914 isn’t compatible yet.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM in response to chachat

Apple Arcade on Apple TV requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) with tvOS 13 or later.

These are the currently compatible controllers: Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device - Apple Support

I got the ‘1708’ a while back, and that works fine, although I’m still getting used to operating a controller instead of a keyboard (never really played Xbox). There were two later Xbox Wireless Controller models (1797 and 1914); the 1914 isn’t compatible yet.

Xbox or similar controller for Apple TV and Apple Arcade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.