You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS upgrade on my 2010 iMac

What is the latest macOS that can run on a mid2010 27 inch iMac? I'm currently on High Sierra and would like to upgrade. I've looked at Big Sur and it appears my device is not compatible. Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 12:48 PM

10.13.6 High Sierra is the end of the road for a 2010. If you need to run later versions of Mac OS it is time for either a new Mac or a newer Mac. You may want to consider Apple's refurbished Macs which can save you money and give you a great experience. Also the new Mac mini's are really nice with the M1 chip and all you would need is a new display which would set you back only about $150 and the M1 machines start at $699.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2020 12:48 PM in response to timo.g.o.

10.13.6 High Sierra is the end of the road for a 2010. If you need to run later versions of Mac OS it is time for either a new Mac or a newer Mac. You may want to consider Apple's refurbished Macs which can save you money and give you a great experience. Also the new Mac mini's are really nice with the M1 chip and all you would need is a new display which would set you back only about $150 and the M1 machines start at $699.

macOS upgrade on my 2010 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.