You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Can't Update iMovie App

Apple is telling me I can't update iMovie App because I originally purchased it with a different Apple I.D. I have no idea what that was and I have had no success updating my account or downloading the App no matter what I do. Can you please help?

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 5:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 8:30 AM

The app is a free app. Have you tried deleting the app and then downloading it again? You may need to delete the app, sign out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in to download a new copy.

5 replies

Dec 15, 2020 11:11 AM in response to Eric Root

Sorry, but that is basically it. The little indicator stopped moving and clicking on it does nothing. The "message" say "downloading 146.9 MB of 146.9 MB"

I did a restart last night and the problem did not resolve. I just did a complete shut down and restarted and the problem went away.

I always wonder when something like this happens if the manufacturer has some kind of an inner control that comes on at some point after so many years to gently "suggest" it might be time to buy a new machine...

We may consider this topic resolved.

Thank you.

Apple ID Can't Update iMovie App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.