You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple forced software update

When Apple forces me to update my MacBook software it destroys my ability to function. I opened my MacBook to correct a malfunction on the online ordering system for my business. The MacBook wouldn’t open for me until I allowed a software update. I couldn’t do the update for 7 hours because it required me to be connected to a power source and I was out on the road. There was no option to download the new software at a more convenient time. Ridiculous. I’ve lost a lot of faith in Apple.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM

This is a user to user forum. Ranting is discouraged by the terms of use guidelines on the forum.

1. Go to the  Apple menu
  2. Click on App Store 
  3. Now click on Preferences 
  4. In this, is a box for Automatic Updates (if checked by default, uncheck the box to disable automatic updates)

Older Mac OS version this may be found under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Software Update.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Cyclist232

This is a user to user forum. Ranting is discouraged by the terms of use guidelines on the forum.

1. Go to the  Apple menu
  2. Click on App Store 
  3. Now click on Preferences 
  4. In this, is a box for Automatic Updates (if checked by default, uncheck the box to disable automatic updates)

Older Mac OS version this may be found under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Software Update.

Apple forced software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.