You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I import photos from my husband's android phone into this Mac computer?

How can I import photos from an Android phone into my photos on this computer?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 5:33 PM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2020 4:21 AM in response to HowStrangeComputersR

Some phones tend to automatically connect in "charge only" mode. To ensure the fastest possible communication speed and transfer speed, please change the connection mode to MTP (Media Device).

You can follow these steps in order to do it.

1. Swipe down on your phone and find the notification about "USB options". Tap on it.

2. A page from settings will appear asking you to select the desired connection mode. Please select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

MTP basically lets you browse files and folders stored on your device, however some phones may be required to be unlocked in order to enable MTP

3. Wait for your phone to automatically reconnect. Your notifications should then look like this.

Some phone models (i.e. Huawei) have this option done a bit differently in the UI. After swiping down you´ll find the following notification, simply select "Files" and you´re done.

For Android 6.0 and higher users:

Upon connecting, your phone will ask for a permission for the PC connection to access data and files. Simply click on the "Allow" button and you´re all set.

https://support.mobiledit.com/portal/en/kb/articles/connecting-in-mtp-mode

Dec 14, 2020 9:32 PM in response to HowStrangeComputersR

With excitement I got part way through....however I got a message, "can't access device storage". Not unlocked...MTP mode????

So now what? I still don't know how to get the pictures from his phone to this computer. Also on the photos that I have from my iPhone, once I click on photos they appear, but I cannot easily discard...trash any. I hate just dragging and then they seem to pop out.

how can I import photos from my husband's android phone into this Mac computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.