You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up 2 different iPhones to one computer

From my reading here, I understand that is fine to backup two different iPhones to the same computer. She has a iPhone 10 and I have a iPhone 11 but she now has a new 12 on order. She is very concerned that she might lose her pictures or music in the process. I prefer computer backups as compared to the cloud and I do not wish to mix our music between the phones so therefore I suppose that I shouldn't sync her phone to my iTunes. To my point, if we are going to back them up to the same computer, should I use her iTunes login for her phone and my login for my phone or does it make a difference? Any other advice would be welcomed.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 6:11 PM

I would defiantly use her iTunes login for her phone and your login for your phone. In fact, I would setup a separate Windows login account for her on the computer. I confess I have never tried to backup two iPhones with one computer. I don't think iTunes is really setup to do that. I would make sure you backup your iTunes library before you try this.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 13, 2020 6:11 PM in response to drgibson

I would defiantly use her iTunes login for her phone and your login for your phone. In fact, I would setup a separate Windows login account for her on the computer. I confess I have never tried to backup two iPhones with one computer. I don't think iTunes is really setup to do that. I would make sure you backup your iTunes library before you try this.

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Good Luck.

Backing up 2 different iPhones to one computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.