You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari connection

Does anyone have the experience of not being able to connect to Safari outside wifi area, but then all other applications such as WhatsApp and email do work properly? The notice on the screen is 'Safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet.' I mean I can't get access to anything like Google in those cases because Safari doesn't work even though I don't control my data usage outside wifi area.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 11:54 AM

Hi Hbk2,

We understand that you're unable to access Safari away from a Wi-Fi network, and from what you're describing, it sounds like cellular data access may be turned off for the app. When you get a chance, check out the article we've included below to confirm that cellular data is enabled for the app, and then try to access the internet again.

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad

The steps can be found in the section, "View how much data you're using"

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 11:54 AM in response to Hbk2

Hi Hbk2,

We understand that you're unable to access Safari away from a Wi-Fi network, and from what you're describing, it sounds like cellular data access may be turned off for the app. When you get a chance, check out the article we've included below to confirm that cellular data is enabled for the app, and then try to access the internet again.

Check the cellular data usage on your iPhone and iPad

The steps can be found in the section, "View how much data you're using"

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Have a great day!

safari connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.