You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t the search for App not work on my iPhone?

Why won’t the search for app not working on my iPhone. All I get is a blank screen when I pulled down!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 5:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 2:41 AM

Hi Chris0107

thanks for your reply and suggestion. I had already tried that and it failed! But, I did the new update and it works now! I can only assume that there was a glitch! But it now works 😃

Keep well stay safe and have a great Christmas.

Julielos

5 replies

Dec 21, 2020 8:18 PM in response to Julielos

I figured out how to cause this to occur!

I'm not 100% sure that it'll fix it for you, but worth a shot.

Try putting your phone to sleep/locking it.

Wake your phone but do not enter to your Home Screen.

Looks like you have a Touch ID model based on your screenshot, so the easiest way to do this may be to use a finger that is not set up for Touch ID to wake up your phone.

Once the phone is awake and waiting to be unlocked with Touch ID, swipe right. You should get to the Today View/search. My guess is that search is displayed and the cursor is captured.. Tap cancel so that you see your Today View widgets.

Now enter your phone and check if notification center/ search screen is back to normal.

Why won’t the search for App not work on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.