You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect Apple Watch Series 3 to IPad Pro so can’t use Apple Fitness+

I have an Apple watch series 3 (Updated to WatchOS 7.2 and an IPad Pro 2019 (Updated to PadOS 14.3) and have the Trial for Apple Fitness + but can’t connect my watch to the iPad so the metrics do not show up on the screen and says “Watch Unavailable” so I have to do the workout without the watch connecting - anyone else having this problem and how to rectify it?

Yes I’ve restarted both the iPad and the watch and the watch connects to my iPhone and my beats connect to the iPad so I know the Bluetooth works ok on both devices

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 12:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 4:37 AM

An Apple watch can only be paired/linked to an iPhone.

Basically, you pair an Apple Watch to an iPhone, then you you have to link your iPad ( probably through iCloud ) to the iPhone.

This will allow you to use all of Apple Fitness app features on the iPad.

Tap and read this Apple support article.

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2020 4:37 AM in response to Mandalorian1310

An Apple watch can only be paired/linked to an iPhone.

Basically, you pair an Apple Watch to an iPhone, then you you have to link your iPad ( probably through iCloud ) to the iPhone.

This will allow you to use all of Apple Fitness app features on the iPad.

Tap and read this Apple support article.

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

Jan 13, 2021 10:28 AM in response to Mandalorian1310

Having the same issue and apparently was the first to report it, spent two days and multiple hours with support trying to fix it only to have them tell me to be patient. Pretty disappointed since I even purchased a new iPad Pro in order to my workouts on a screen bigger than my phone. I don’t recommend anyone making any purchases to participate in Apple Fitness until they work this out.

Can’t connect Apple Watch Series 3 to IPad Pro so can’t use Apple Fitness+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.