You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and Roku 3800RW

I just signed up for Apple TV+ and the app loads fine on my roku 3800rw but if i try to play anything I get an error to that it is not available to play and to check my network. I was able to play a trial episode on it before I purchased it. I have uninstalled an reinstalled, i have changed display settings from auto detect, I have restarted, checked for updates, etc. Apple TV plays on my computer fine, it plays on my iPhone fine, from the same wireless network in my home, but on my Roku I cant play any episodes or trailers. Please let me know if my Roku 3800rw is compatible or not. If not, what is the best Roku to purchase?

3800RW,

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 6:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:48 AM

Please let me know if my Roku 3800rw is compatible or not. If not, what is the best Roku to purchase?

If you can download and install the Apple TV app, then it should be compatible. Here is the list, if you want to check: Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple. I don’t think that the issue is about the device per se, but instead about settings and environment, anywhere in the network chain (not necessarily the Roku).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 11:48 AM in response to shelbel63

Please let me know if my Roku 3800rw is compatible or not. If not, what is the best Roku to purchase?

If you can download and install the Apple TV app, then it should be compatible. Here is the list, if you want to check: Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple. I don’t think that the issue is about the device per se, but instead about settings and environment, anywhere in the network chain (not necessarily the Roku).

Apple TV and Roku 3800RW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.