You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crashes MacBook Pro on macOS 11.1

Since I upgraded to Big Sur 11.1 my MacBook Pro (13'', 2018) crashes regularly followed by the noise of the fan. I never had that issue before. Does anyone experience this as well?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:34 AM

All, I found a fix that apparently works for me so I want to share with the rest of you. I was on the phone this morning with Apple Support and the guy suggested I try resetting the System Management Controller. I was not aware of that one previously, but it's a very simple process. After I did it, my MBP has now been up and running for almost 2 hours, rather than crashing every 20 mins. The procedure depends on the model of Mac that you have, but here is a page that describes what you have to do for each model. I hope this helps you all: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:34 AM in response to timmerm

All, I found a fix that apparently works for me so I want to share with the rest of you. I was on the phone this morning with Apple Support and the guy suggested I try resetting the System Management Controller. I was not aware of that one previously, but it's a very simple process. After I did it, my MBP has now been up and running for almost 2 hours, rather than crashing every 20 mins. The procedure depends on the model of Mac that you have, but here is a page that describes what you have to do for each model. I hope this helps you all: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

crashes MacBook Pro on macOS 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.