You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I make my iPhone 12 sync with the Outlook Calendar and Contacts of my choice via iTunes?

I have an iPhone12 Pro and I run Microsoft Outlook on my PC. I have several email accounts.  My default one is a POP/SMTP one, but I also have another POP/SMTP, two IMAP/SMTP accounts and one Microsoft Exchange account. My main Calendar and Contacts are “attached” to the POP/SMTP accounts.  However, when I synch my iPhone via iTunes, it always syncs my phone with the Calendar and Contacts attached to the Microsoft Exchange account.  When I go into iTunes/iPhone/info/Synch Calendars with/Selected Calendars it gives me no choice of calendar – just one box.  How can I make my iPhone sync with the POP/SMTP Calendar and Contacts, please?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 10:44 AM

4 replies

Dec 17, 2020 1:38 AM in response to skooldog

Time and operating systems move on and 20th century technology eventually will get left behind.

Syncing contacts and calendars via itunes (and presumably USB?) is something I have not ever needed to do. Everything is sync’d directly to the email providers over the air. itunes/finder for me is only for backing up and syncing photos.

I migrated all my calendars notes reminders and contacts to icloud.com as soon as I was comfortably immersed in the Apple ecosystem. In particular for the non-invasive and highly secure nature of their infrastructure.

Microsoft and the pseudo-IMAP Google accounts are fine alternatives

Any email accounts other than icloud.com for me are only for email.

How can I make my iPhone 12 sync with the Outlook Calendar and Contacts of my choice via iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.