You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got the free app for Apple TV on my phone. Works great. But I can't get it to stream on my television. Do I need to get n Apple TV device to do that?

I got the free app for Apple TV on my phone. Works great. But I can't get it to stream on my television. Do I need to get n Apple TV device to do that?

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 4:26 PM

That depends.

• Some modern TVs are AirPlay-enabled. Then you can stream from your iPhone to the TV.
  • Some modern TVs can have the Apple TV app among their smart apps. Then you can watch without using your phone.
  • Other TVs will need to have a streaming device connected, such as the Apple TV box, or a supported third party streaming device.

See all AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and other content in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 4:26 PM in response to mrmildlyentertaining

That depends.

• Some modern TVs are AirPlay-enabled. Then you can stream from your iPhone to the TV.
  • Some modern TVs can have the Apple TV app among their smart apps. Then you can watch without using your phone.
  • Other TVs will need to have a streaming device connected, such as the Apple TV box, or a supported third party streaming device.

See all AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs - Apple

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and other content in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.