You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade to Big Sur 11.1

Hi

I can't upgrade to Big Sur 11.1 on my IMAC. Once the upgrade has downloaded and says "Preparing the update", the text will appear: Download failed, an error occurred downloading the selected updates. Check your internet connection and try again. I've definitely tried 20 times. I have no problems connecting to the Internet. My Macbook Pro was able to update without any issues. what should I do.

good greeting

Bear

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 9:34 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2020 7:28 PM in response to björn230

Hi björn230,

We see from your post that you are attempting to update your iMac to the latest version of macOS Big Sur, but are unable to do so, due to an error regarding internet connectivity.

To get started, let us know the following:

• Are you already on an earlier version of Big Sur, or are you attempting to update from an earlier version of macOS such as macOS Catalina?
  • Is your iMac behind any sort of VPN or proxy network that may change how it connects to the internet? If so, we'd recommend disabling it and trying again.
  • Was the MacBook Pro updated on the same network as the iMac?

Let us know, and we'll follow up from there.

Cheers!

Upgrade to Big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.