You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail (macOS 10.15.4) not receiving mail via Exchange

This is the same problem as shown in an earlier thread, specifically: "Apple Mail (macOS 10.15.4) not receiving mail via Exchange".

There does not appear to be any resolution, as the thread simply ended in July with no solution stated.

I recently did this research because I have been experiencing the same problem, but not in 10.15.4 - mine started while I was using 10.15.6 and persists now that the system upgraded to 10.15.7.

Has there been any solution posted to this problem? I find it puzzling that the previous thread simply ended in July.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 1:15 PM

In an effort to advance troubleshooting remove the Exchange account in System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Don't just de-select Mail, remove the entire account.

Then, add it again.

If you can’t send email on your Mac provides instructions for adding and removing accounts. Refer to "Remove your account, then add it back."

For general troubleshooting refer to Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2020 1:15 PM in response to Glenn Radford

In an effort to advance troubleshooting remove the Exchange account in System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Don't just de-select Mail, remove the entire account.

Then, add it again.

If you can’t send email on your Mac provides instructions for adding and removing accounts. Refer to "Remove your account, then add it back."

For general troubleshooting refer to Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

Dec 21, 2020 5:02 PM in response to Glenn Radford

Well, I don't know what to say.... the problem seems to have "gone away" by itself. My Apple Mail Microsoft Exchange account now automatically receives new messages, and displays them, just like before I started having this problem.

No restart, no deleting flies, no action on my part.

Maybe it's just a Microsoft "thing" and we'll never know....?

Apple Mail (macOS 10.15.4) not receiving mail via Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.