You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 11inch battery

Can you replace the battery on a MacBook Air 11 inch 2014? Where can I have it done?

Elizabeth

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 7:59 PM

See if you can still get an official Apple battery repair from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Since your laptop is "Vintage" I'm not sure an Apple Store will be able to replace the battery unless they perform the repair at the store.

If you cannot get an official Apple battery repair, then your next best option is to get a battery from OWC.

The quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a respected vendor such as OWC so an official Apple battery is best and OWC is your best option for a third party battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2020 7:59 PM in response to Elizabeth Rodriguez

See if you can still get an official Apple battery repair from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Since your laptop is "Vintage" I'm not sure an Apple Store will be able to replace the battery unless they perform the repair at the store.

If you cannot get an official Apple battery repair, then your next best option is to get a battery from OWC.

The quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a respected vendor such as OWC so an official Apple battery is best and OWC is your best option for a third party battery.

MacBook Air 11inch battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.