You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting weird Notification in calendars

In every 15 minutes I got Notification from calendar and it says that you are not safe download a VPN and after three days I also got a notification that your information can be leaked

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 10:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 1:53 AM

If running iOS 13, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

2 replies

Dec 20, 2020 2:07 AM in response to AdityaC77

I assume that someone sent you an invitation to a meeting/event, which then displays the text about a VPN (or anything else). Had this happen to a friend of mine, where strange (i.e. spammy) information was showing up in Calendar. To be fair, really anyone can send you these invitations if they know your e-mail address.

Might also be coming from the Mail application, which could be set to "Add invitations to Calendar automatically". Verify this by opening Mail > Preferences > General. Otherwise you might want to post a screenshot (without personally identifiably information) of what exactly you're seeing, so that someone can best help you out. They say an image is worth a thousand words...🖼

I am getting weird Notification in calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.