You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Dot Atop Mac's Screen

A Red-Dot Atop Window:

One dot is showing up occasionally on my screen. It is typically red-in-color. I've seen it be green or blue even.

How it Vanishes:

It vanishes when I open a window atop it, or when I maneuver a my window down that it lays already lays atop.

View the below images. There are two windows open. It lays atop the back window.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Image 1: Zoomed in to see the dot (laying atop the back window):

• Full Mac (With an Arrow Pointing at it. Zoom in to see it):

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:02 PM

Hello TheLittles. It appears you are having some difficulty with a pixel anomaly on a MacBook Pro.

You may find this helpful:

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later

Cheers.

6 replies

Dec 23, 2020 5:15 AM in response to sterling r

sterling r Said:

"Hello TheLittles. It appears you are having some difficulty with a pixel anomaly on a MacBook Pro. You may find this helpful: About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later Cheers."

-------

This will be Looked at:

Thank you for that link. I contacted Apple. They will have a look at it. It's been occurring since I got it back from being serviced on the 15th - a little more than a week ago now. So, they will be having a look at it.

Red Dot Atop Mac's Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.