You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen flicker Netflix

I have just upgraded to Big Sur and since the upgrade I have experienced screen flickering when watching Netflix through Safari. I have restarted the laptop and reset the RAM etc but the flickering persists. I have just tried to watch through Chrome and there is no flickering so clearly the is a Safari issue.

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:23 PM

Found this on another thread with the same problem. Fixed up just right on my iMAC!

Hello Roro9,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that since updating your MacBook to Big Sur your screen keeps flickering when watching Netflix. We're happy to help!

Let's try an SMC reset. 

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You may also want to try an NVRAM reset. 

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

We also recommend starting in safe mode. Sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2021 6:23 PM in response to Johnthebarber

Found this on another thread with the same problem. Fixed up just right on my iMAC!

Hello Roro9,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that since updating your MacBook to Big Sur your screen keeps flickering when watching Netflix. We're happy to help!

Let's try an SMC reset. 

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You may also want to try an NVRAM reset. 

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

We also recommend starting in safe mode. Sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Screen flicker Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.