You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to train the trackpad on my MacBook pro to read the tip of my index finger?

My old MacBook pro easily ready my finger tapping on the trackpad when I used the tip of my finger (since I rest my wrist on the side panel next to the trackpad) instead of laying down my finger like the training video shows. That's not a natural position for me. The new one which I just purchased doesn't let me do that though and it's very annoying. Is there a way I can train the trackpad to accept my finger tap the way I want it?

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 11:00 AM

System Preferences > Trackpad lets you adjust the pressure of the click needed to activate the trackpad. That's really the only adjustment option.

Similar questions

1 reply

Is there a way to train the trackpad on my MacBook pro to read the tip of my index finger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.