You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I configure a Shortcut to toggle Location Services upon starting the Maps application?

With the Shortcuts app it seems like you would be able to set a string of actions to take place upon use of a certain app. For this one in particular, I’d like for my location services (Settings>Privacy>Location Services>On/Off) to be toggled when I start the Maps application. Is this possible to do and, preferably, make reversible so that when i close Maps my Location Services are toggled back into the ‘off’ state?

Using iOS 14.3 on iPhone XR

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 1:00 PM

HotelTrivago wrote: "Well, your suggestion is essentially just a different but equal set of actions; head to shortcuts, tap shortcut, open location toggle.
I’d assume it’s impossible to achieve specifically what I meant originally, huh?"

If it were possible to achieve specifically what you meant originally, I would not have written: "The closest would be..."

õ¿õ¬

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 1:00 PM in response to HotelTrivago

HotelTrivago wrote: "Well, your suggestion is essentially just a different but equal set of actions; head to shortcuts, tap shortcut, open location toggle.
I’d assume it’s impossible to achieve specifically what I meant originally, huh?"

If it were possible to achieve specifically what you meant originally, I would not have written: "The closest would be..."

õ¿õ¬

Can I configure a Shortcut to toggle Location Services upon starting the Maps application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.