You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot turn on my MacBook Pro even I press and hold the power button for 10 seconds?

I cannot turn on my MacBook pro with AC power plugged in?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:45 PM

Do you have a USB-C model? If so, have you tried using another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop?

Do you hear the little "ding" shortly after connecting the power adapter?

Try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry. Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204652

If this doesn't help or you find the one USB-C port is bad, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for the repair.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 6:45 PM in response to Bobcheng63

Do you have a USB-C model? If so, have you tried using another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop?

Do you hear the little "ding" shortly after connecting the power adapter?

Try unplugging the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry. Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204652

If this doesn't help or you find the one USB-C port is bad, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop and provide you with an estimate for the repair.

I cannot turn on my MacBook Pro even I press and hold the power button for 10 seconds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.