You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone notes

I would like to lock an entire folder of notes instead of individual notes one by one. Can this be done?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:33 PM

Good question. I opened notes on the iPhone and also on my MacBook and tried to lock an entire folder of notes. Unfortunately, I could not lock an entire folder. I then proceeded to select multiple notes, at one time, in a folder and attempted to lock them. That did not work. The moral of this experiment is that we have to lock each note individually.

Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 6:33 PM in response to Squirrelly1141

Good question. I opened notes on the iPhone and also on my MacBook and tried to lock an entire folder of notes. Unfortunately, I could not lock an entire folder. I then proceeded to select multiple notes, at one time, in a folder and attempted to lock them. That did not work. The moral of this experiment is that we have to lock each note individually.

Furthermore, if you want to suggest this feature to Apple then please leave feedback here ➔ Product Feedback - Apple

Axel F.

iPhone notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.