You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brother DCP-7030

Hi,

did anybody find a solution for using the Brother DCP-7030 with Big Sur via USB? Brother does not list a driver for Big Sur, nor does Apple have anything. The recommended iprint does recognize the printer, but says, it is not supported.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 4:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:16 AM

Hello,

As indicated in the link provided by mulberry58, you may be able to use the macOS Catalina 10.15 driver for printing, if available. There have been reports about successful use of a Catalina driver for Big Sur with some other Brother models, so I suggest that you try it. Look upon this as an experiment; it may or may not work. It is wise to use a fresh download, and it may not be a bad idea to reset the printing system first (see link below). You will find the DCP-7030 download here:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp7030_all&os=10060

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2020 8:16 AM in response to melle3108

Hello,

As indicated in the link provided by mulberry58, you may be able to use the macOS Catalina 10.15 driver for printing, if available. There have been reports about successful use of a Catalina driver for Big Sur with some other Brother models, so I suggest that you try it. Look upon this as an experiment; it may or may not work. It is wise to use a fresh download, and it may not be a bad idea to reset the printing system first (see link below). You will find the DCP-7030 download here:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp7030_all&os=10060

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 10, 2021 12:28 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

Check it out: got it working on BigSur on the M1 MacBook Pro. Just went to the Brother downloads site and downloaded the latest driver (as mentioned above), even through it's on Catalina. Installed the printer driver, rebooted my machine, and the printer is there. The DCP-7030 is a black and white laser workhorse. So happy it continues to beat!

Dec 23, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi,

this solved my problem. Thanks very much. The link as provided above (in the first answer) points to a similar solution. I did reset my printing system before installing the driver. Also scanning works well with the driver on the brother page (https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadhowto.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp7030_all&os=10060&dlid=dlf104746_000&flang=4&type3=10279)

Brother DCP-7030

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.