You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

By erasing all content and settings is it all set for trade in

I erased all content on my iPhone to trade in but I didn’t erase my own info and apps first. Is it safe to trade

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 4:08 PM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Tntpug

here is the support article for what to do before selling/trading in your device

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I'd assume that you made a backup or whatever you needed prior to erasing the device.

If you have an Apple Watch and you didn't unpair it, that can be resolved later

One thing you might be missing is the part about signing out of iCloud. I think that Erasing all Content and Settings actually does this. But if you're concerned, you could check to see if it's still linked to your account. In the link I posted above, review #2 in the section called If you no longer have your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

By erasing all content and settings is it all set for trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.