You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to download the Netflix but I need the version 13 iOS please help me please

My apple is tablet iPad mini 2 12.5 I need your help

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 10:44 PM

Welcome, mariela125, to Apple Support Communities!

Unfortunately, the iPad Mini 2 cannot be upgraded or updated past iOS 12.4.9 (or 12.5, if there is such). Certainly not to 13 point anything, or beyond.

The problem is that the iPad Mini 2 doesn’t have the minimum hardware necessary for 13.

7 replies

Jan 22, 2021 2:32 PM in response to LotusPilot

I was resetting recently iPad mini (1st edition) and it allowed me to download most recent version for iOS 9 or whatever it is, despite new version being available for new models and I thought ‘that’s great’

I’ve done the reset on my 2nd iPad mini (2nd gen) as I thought that’s going to also allow me to download the latest older version that was working for iPad mini 2nd gen and you can’t imagine how disappointed I am!

that should be allowed! After all if the app won’t work correctly then I will understand and get over it, but the truth is that old Netflix on 1st gen is working without issues and can watch everything that they offer, so it’s only App Store that is blocking us 🤬

Dec 23, 2020 2:28 AM in response to mariela125

This is never going to happen.

Your over 7-year old, iPad Mini 2 model is too old, now.

That iPad model cannot ever upgrade beyond any version of iOS 12, currently at iOS 12.5.

The internal hardware in that iPad is too old and too underpowred and is incapable of running all of the new, advanced and internal hardware intensive features of iPadOS.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Dec 23, 2020 4:25 AM in response to mariela125

The short answer is that iPad Air, mini2 and mini3 can only be updated to iOS 12.x - the most recent version being iOS 12.5.

Netflix, as with many Apps, now requires iPadOS13 or later - which your iPad cannot support. As such, if you want or need to access most current Apps, requiring more recent versions of iOS, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model.

Of current models, even the entry-level iPad8 has specifications and capabilities that will massively outperform you current iPad - and is compatible with the vast majority of current Apps. Other models are more powerful still.

Jan 22, 2021 3:11 PM in response to ArcaneSim

Welcome, ArcaneSim, to Apple Support Communities!

If you never “purchased” an older version of the App in question (Netflix, in this case), then the App Store will only offer the latest version.

Since you obtained an older version of the software on your «iPad mini (1st edition)», you have it available, still.

Are both devices using the same Apple ID for the App Store? Or different Apple IDs?

Jan 23, 2021 7:43 AM in response to Halliday

Hi Halliday,

I’ve managed to download it. I downloaded iTunes 12.6.5 to my laptop and log in there with my Apple ID and purchase through the app. Next thing, I went to iPad and to Purchased and I was being able to download the newest version that was working with my old iPad.

mariela125, you need to download older version of iTunes then 12.7, otherwise you won’t be able to purchase the app

I need to download the Netflix but I need the version 13 iOS please help me please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.