You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The NoteB4 not working

The note B4 will not work on my keyboard (Komplete Kontrol S88 MK11) with Logic Pro X 10.5.1

This only happens inside Logic and with any instrument plugin

If I have stand alone instruments eg Massive, FM8 etc everything works fine. I tried Reaper and everything works ok.

If I move octaves up or down the dead Key follows so it is always B4

The midi message indicator in the main window tells me that only the note off message is recognised.

If I continuously press the key it eventually works ,but the sound is on continuously and seems to build in velocity if I continue to press the key. It will stop if I press play in Logic or manipulate another parameter. It will also stop if I press another key and then back to B4

This problem seems to point to a software issue rather than hard ware because the dead key moves if the octaves are changed and stand alone instruments and other DAW works ok

I have done the obvious things. Turn off and on shut down and restarted my system. 

Ive looked at the settings but I can’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I have reset midi drivers

Any one have any clue as to what is happening?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 12:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 1:16 AM

You have inadvertently assigned it to a controller function. Go into your controller assignments, find it, and delete it.

Make sure learn mode is off before closing the controller assignments window.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 23, 2020 4:13 PM in response to Eriksimon

Thanks so much for your reply. What you say makes sense. If I click 'bypass all control surfaces' then the key works fine, but of course thats no solution as I loose all control from my keyboard but it does suggest that that's where the issue is, as you correctly said.

I have looked at the controller assignments and I see no reference to B4 anywhere. There is a menu item 'rebuild defaults' will that reset all of the assignments to default and hopefully delete the B4 problem.

I really appreciate your help.

The NoteB4 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.