You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail keeps asking for then rejecting passwords

Gmail keeps asking for then rejecting emails. Gmail app on iphone 11Pro deleted the gmail account after 8 hours

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 2:45 PM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Aminizn

Hi Aminizn,

Thank you for posting Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, your gmail email is not accepting the password being enter when adding it in the Mail app, do we have that right? Are you able to sign into your account inbox webmail? Does this happen both on Wi-Fi and on cellular? Any updates available in Settings > General > Software Updates? Has your iPhone been restarted?

Restart your iPhone

Let us know!

Dec 26, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Brian_P7

1. My MAC (os Sierra) will not accept the password. I deleted gmail and reinstalled it- to no avail. Continue getting requests to input password for gmail.

1. My iPhone 11 Pro drops the same gmail account from the app after inputting new password after 8 hours.

1. My Mac also gets the message Update Apple ID Settings . Accepts my ID and password but the request comes back again.

Very Grateful,

Darrilyn

Dec 26, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Aminizn

Hi Aminizn,

Thank you for that information. Are you able to log into your Gmail account if you go to Gmail webmail? Does this happen if you connect to a different Wi-Fi network? Was your password recently changed? Does this continue if you enter the old password instead of the new one?

If you are still having trouble with this, you may need to reach out to Apple Support. You may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Hope that helps!

Gmail keeps asking for then rejecting passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.