You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match & Apple Music

I’m using iTunes Match to sync my library to the cloud. If I decide to go use Apple Music is this doing the same thing with my library? I understand I get acces to all music available, but wonder if I’m not paying unnecessary for iTunes Match after starting Apple Music.

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:32 AM

From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

You don't need to keep iTunes Match if you switch to Apple Music. I would however recommend that you have at least one computer that has all of your music stored locally and have that library backed up to a second drive for security.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2020 3:32 AM in response to erikkroon

From Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support:

If you have an Apple Music membership, you get all of the benefits of iTunes Match, plus access to the entire Apple Music catalogue. You can also get a Family Membership to share the catalogue with your family members. Find out more about joining Apple Music.

You don't need to keep iTunes Match if you switch to Apple Music. I would however recommend that you have at least one computer that has all of your music stored locally and have that library backed up to a second drive for security.

tt2

iTunes Match & Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.