You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact names gone

today while trying to solve a repeated pop-up message I deleted my Gmail account from the iPhone mail app; then reinstalled the Gmail account based another discussions recommendation to solve the pop up problem. (This did work) After reinstalling I realized many of my text message conversations no longer were identified by name. I have reinstalled Gmail and it shows up as a linked account in my contacts but the contacts have not re-synced with their names. Does anyone know how to pull down this information that may be saved with my Gmail account?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 9:13 AM

Are you sure your contacts are on gmail and not on any other email account?

Add all the email accounts that you had iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks and more using ...

1 reply

Contact names gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.