You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect/pair new apple watch series 2 to my Iphone 6

So I brought a brand new apple watch series 2 of ebay but it won't pair with my iphone 6. It just comes up with "Iphone is out of date". But when I go to update my phone 6 my phone is up to date. What is annoying is that I have looked about and there should be no hardware or software problems with the series 2. As another note would it be worth sending the person who I brought the watch of to make sure it is not connected to their apple ID still?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 4:41 AM

Firstly,the person you bought it off needs to follow all these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And secondly,if the watch is running WatchOS6 then that requires a phone with ios13 or higher,your iphone 6 will only update to ios12,so either way the watch won't work with your iphone 6.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2020 4:41 AM in response to TGGE

Firstly,the person you bought it off needs to follow all these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And secondly,if the watch is running WatchOS6 then that requires a phone with ios13 or higher,your iphone 6 will only update to ios12,so either way the watch won't work with your iphone 6.

Dec 25, 2020 5:36 AM in response to TGGE

You won't be able to tell until the activation lock is removed,ask the seller what version of watchos it's running.

Can't connect/pair new apple watch series 2 to my Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.