You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used my prior Apple ID on my new phone. It was linked with my friend who had the old phone first. I can’t get rid of the prior account when using my new phone

My daughter got a new phone. She was using an iPod that was her friend’s. Their Apple ID were linked apparently. She used her Apple ID from the iPod on her phone and after she entered her info it keeps asking for her friend’s account password. How do we get her friend’s info off her iCloud?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:41 AM

Have her check her purchases history to see if there are apps on the phone that were not downloaded using her Apple ID. If there are, have her delete the apps, and download them using her Apple ID.

Purchase History Review.  

3 replies

I used my prior Apple ID on my new phone. It was linked with my friend who had the old phone first. I can’t get rid of the prior account when using my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.