You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

grainy camera picture

I bought a new macbook air in November 2020. I tried Facetime and Zoom with my family for the holidays and the picture is SUPER grainy. I've never had this problem on any of my Mac computers. Is the camera in my Macbook bad?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 2:48 PM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2020 3:11 PM in response to jeanierenae

Hi there jeanierenae,

It sounds like you're not seeing the quality you expect on streaming video communications, we definitely want to help!

Try testing out your Mac's camera using PhotoBooth. If you see the quality you expect there, the behavior might be related to available internet bandwidth. Photo Booth User Guide

If that's the case, try testing from a different Wi-Fi network, or moving closer to the router to see whether you get a better result.

Cheers!

grainy camera picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.