You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro Freezing up with Magic Keyboard

I have had my iPad 11 pro for over a year. I recently bought a used magic keyboard. It worked great for 3-4 days. Now every time I attach it the iPad it freezes up and won’t respond to trackpad clicks. I can remove the keyboard and reattach it responds for a few seconds then freezes up again. What can I do to fix this?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 4:50 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 27, 2020 4:23 PM in response to JHyatt12

Hello JHyatt12,

We’re glad you are posting in Apple Support Communities.

We’ll be happy to lend a hand with the Magic Keyboard and see what we can find out.

First, let us know if you have seen “If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected”. It has a lot great suggestions to try.

Reach back out to us if you still are having trouble with the Magic Keyboard.

Cheers!

Dec 28, 2020 10:43 AM in response to JHyatt12

Hi JHyatt12,

Thanks for getting back to us and pointing that out. Our apologies. Have you checked for dust or debris that may be causing this behavior? Does the Magic Keyboard work if it stays plugged into the power charger? Is your iPad Pro operating system updated? If not, see Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if needed.

You may also want to try the steps here: If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio.

Reach back out to us if needed.

Take care!

iPad Pro Freezing up with Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.