You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to install mojave on 2013 iMac/ what's wrong with the installer from apple?

late 2013 iMac/ runs high sierra fine; I have other macs with catalina but this one, for various tech and software purposes and alerts, have to go to mojave. Following instructions from apple web site for order systems, I find the link to download mojave but then get the message "This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS.". Not from a bogus site, but from apple.

Sounds like Apple doesn't want people to go with older systems, but no choice here. Anyone know where I can find a working link for downloading mojave?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 6:22 PM

The installer you have downloaded is old. The certificate it was signed with is no longer valid.

Delete the installer, reboot your Mac, then re-download it and install.

Depending on when the installer on your other Mac was downloaded, it's likely to have the same problem.

8 replies

need to install mojave on 2013 iMac/ what's wrong with the installer from apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.