You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Sony TV I bought in 2016. I don’t see the Apple TV app. How do I get the App for this TV?

I have a Sony TV I purchased in 2016 and don’t see an Apple TV among the apps displayed on this TV. How do I get the Apple TV app to install on this TV?

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 5:26 PM

Unfortunately, no Sony smart TVs from 2016 supports the Apple TV app directly. The oldest listed Sony model is from 2018.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Smart TVs that are not directly supported may use an HDMI connected streaming device to have access to the Apple TV app. E.g. the Apple TV set-top box, a Roku, a Fire TV, or select gaming console.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2020 5:26 PM in response to Crawfoaj

Unfortunately, no Sony smart TVs from 2016 supports the Apple TV app directly. The oldest listed Sony model is from 2018.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Smart TVs that are not directly supported may use an HDMI connected streaming device to have access to the Apple TV app. E.g. the Apple TV set-top box, a Roku, a Fire TV, or select gaming console.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

I have a Sony TV I bought in 2016. I don’t see the Apple TV app. How do I get the App for this TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.