You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not showing when editing folders

Hi - was cleaning up my home screen and i noticed that when editing the folder names, the on screen keyboard is not showing up. I’m on ios 14.3 on my ip12 mini. Is this a bug??

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:41 PM

Hello just_Joshing.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when editing the folders on your Home screen that the keyboard doesn’t show. We’re happy to help.

Has this happened before? Does this only occur on the Home screen? Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once the iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to edit folders on the Home screen and the keyboard show? If this occurs when using apps, please use the steps here to update the apps: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2020 2:41 PM in response to just_Joshing

Hello just_Joshing.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that when editing the folders on your Home screen that the keyboard doesn’t show. We’re happy to help.

Has this happened before? Does this only occur on the Home screen? Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once the iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to edit folders on the Home screen and the keyboard show? If this occurs when using apps, please use the steps here to update the apps: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Keyboard not showing when editing folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.