You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes search not working after update to Big Sur

Search my Notes app does not return any results -- this problem has started after updating to Big Sur. I have an iMac and a Mac Book Pro, both running Big Sur and its a problem in both.

Given my heavy reliance on the Notes app, this is a big issue for me. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 3:31 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 28, 2020 3:03 PM in response to baz9

Hello baz9,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble searching Notes on your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, be sure you're using the steps here: Search your notes on Mac.

You may also want to check out the information in this article: If searching your Mac returns unexpected results.

Finally, test the issue in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

Take care.

Jan 17, 2021 8:26 PM in response to baz9

The same issue happen after I updated to Big Sur. I experienced no search issues when using the Notes app in my iPhone and at icloud.com. The issue only occurred on my iMac. In order to remedy the issue, I unchecked Notes and then checked Notes Unser System Preferences / Apple ID in order synchronize with iCloud. I did this with the Notes app closed. This did not address the issue. I followed this up with a reset of the computer. That did address the issue for me - at least for now. Clearly there is a bug that needs to be addressed.

Notes search not working after update to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.