You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Reset Screentime Passcode

I’m trying to erase an old phone so I can sell it. After selecting Reset and Erase, the phone asked me for my screentime passcode, which I did not know. I went to screentime in settings and reset my password. All seemed to go well. When I went back to reset and erase, the phone told me I entered 5he wrong screentime passcode. Hmm, I just changed. But fine, I went back to screentime settings and tried to change it again. Now it just tells me I have a failed logon attempt after clicking I Forgot My Passcode and entering my Apple ID. Help. I’m in a screentime passcode loop and can’t erase my phone.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 5:28 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below. 

Screen Time passcode reset

If necessary,  you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot Reset Screentime Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.