You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates apple watch series 5

Unable to check for update

Hi, I hope y’all doing well.

I haven’t used my apple watch (series 5) awhile on my iphone XS (IOS 14.3).

Now I can not pair them.

I reseted my watch and tried to pair it as a new watch but everytime I try it says “unable to check for update because you are not connected to the internet” ! I am 100% sure that I am connected to wifi :( but it still doesn’t work...

I can’t pair it because of update, and I can’t update it because of this freaking message.

Could you please help me?

I don’t have enough money to afford it again and there is no apple stores in my country... :(

I tried anything on web about 1000 times...

Please please help me :(

Thanks

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 9:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
2 replies

Dec 28, 2020 3:40 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for your attention.

but i reseted my watch and I don’t have any data. I’m trying to pair and update it as a new watch. Which I can’t because of that unable to check for update error.

Do you think that using another phone with ios 12 or 13.5 will help me to do the update?

This was the trick you mentioned before.

thanks a lot for answering🌹

Unable to check for updates apple watch series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.