You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps off Mac

I want to delete applications like spotify, sticky notes, snagit 2020, and firefox. However, they will not move to the trach icon and they also do not have a X when I click and hold on the icon. Is there a work around?

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 9:55 AM

I think I know what your problem is now. Apparently you are attempting to delete apps from the Launchpad. That will not work. Apps reside in the Applications folder. Go there and drag them to the trash.

3 replies

Dec 29, 2020 4:50 AM in response to Ronasara

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. However, the icons will not move to the trash. I installed them, they were not installed by Apple. I have tried numerous times to drag them to the trash icon, and after some research I learned to click and hold the icons until they started to shake. Both of those methods did not work.

Deleting apps off Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.