You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen keeps freezing when i open a app, I cant turn my phone off. what should I do?

My screen keeps freezing when i open a app, I cant turn my phone off. what should I do? help

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 9:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 9:24 PM

You should try to do a restart of your phone. You will not lose any data when doing this. Press and release Volume Up, then press and release Volume Down, then press and Hold the power button till you see the Apple Logo on the screen. Ignore the slider that pops up telling you to swipe to turn off your phone. Just continue to hold the power button, the phone will turn off, and then back on and you'll see the Apple Logo. Once you see the Apple Logo you can release the button and let the phone continue to boot.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 28, 2020 9:24 PM in response to NicolePinch

You should try to do a restart of your phone. You will not lose any data when doing this. Press and release Volume Up, then press and release Volume Down, then press and Hold the power button till you see the Apple Logo on the screen. Ignore the slider that pops up telling you to swipe to turn off your phone. Just continue to hold the power button, the phone will turn off, and then back on and you'll see the Apple Logo. Once you see the Apple Logo you can release the button and let the phone continue to boot.

My screen keeps freezing when i open a app, I cant turn my phone off. what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.