You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previews

I've got previews popping up every where and it seems to be stopping me from moving files and doing work. It's driving me crazy...and it seems to be growing and trying to take over my online work.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:29 PM

8 replies

Dec 29, 2020 9:36 PM in response to Barney-15E

I’m having trouble articulating this. Let me back up and try a different tack. On the desktop are some folders. If I click on one (any) folder or image file immediately the file is covered up by a I call it a preview that will not let me do anything. I’m stuck. I can reverse the process and the file is still there but I’m prevented from doing anything to it. I’m now getting similar things happening with my browser...I move the curser over a word for instance and it immediately shows an enlarged version of that word. It’s maddening. I hope this is clearer.

Dec 30, 2020 7:13 PM in response to Barney-15E

Example of problem...I have a folder on the desktop and a image file on the desktop. I want to move the image file into the folder. To move the image file I click on it and start to drag it to the folder but I am blocked by the appearance of a preview blocking the movement of the file. What can I do to prevent this?

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance for your help.

Previews

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.