You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offline listening in Apple Music

Hello. If I download a song from apple music for offline listening on my iPhone, does it also automatically get downloaded for offline listening on my other devices, such as iPod Touch, provided they are connected to the internet? If not, is there a way to do that? It would be very tedious having to do that on every single device. I travel extensively and often do not have internet access. So I want to download things when I'm home and connected to the internet, but I want to worry about downloading to only one device rather than on every device.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 3:02 PM

Hi Aafayed,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you would like to download your songs on one device and have it automatically downloaded on other devices as well, do we have that right? On the iPod, if you go to Settings > Music, is Automatic Downloads turned on? You'll want to make sure that setting is turned on for each device you would like to automatically download songs added to your library or purchased in the iTunes Store.

Check out the section titled "Turn on automatic downloads on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" in the iTunes User Guide.

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 3:02 PM in response to aafayed

Hi Aafayed,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you would like to download your songs on one device and have it automatically downloaded on other devices as well, do we have that right? On the iPod, if you go to Settings > Music, is Automatic Downloads turned on? You'll want to make sure that setting is turned on for each device you would like to automatically download songs added to your library or purchased in the iTunes Store.

Check out the section titled "Turn on automatic downloads on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" in the iTunes User Guide.

Hope that helps!

Jan 1, 2021 3:17 PM in response to Eric--F

Hi,

Yes. This is exactly what I want and what you suggested works. When I posted the question, I hadn't yet subscribed to Apple Music, and wanted to know if there is such an automatic download feature before I do. However, I went ahead and subscribed anyway, and to my pleasant surprise found that there is indeed an automatic download feature (which works exactly as you described). Thank you so much!

Offline listening in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.