You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I change swipe gestures on iOS?

I wish to change swiping left on my gmail account to delete emails, and not archive. This works fine on my iPhone, but I cannot find the settings for the same behaviour on my iPad Pro.

I have searched for the answer and I am to access Settings and then “Accounts and Passwords”, but I do not have this choice in my Settings.

I have checked every possible alternative in Settings, but cannot find it. (Infuriating as I know it is possible.)

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:47 AM

For iPadOS 14:

Settings->Mail->Accounts->Your mail account->Account->Advanced->Move Discarded Messages set it to Delete Mailbox rather than Archive.

For Previous iPadOS or iOS versions: Settings->Passwords & Accounts->Your account->Account->Advanced

3 replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.