You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to re-install Pages app on iMac with Mojave 10.14.6 and keep getting this message. "Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required."

Trying to re-install Pages app on iMac with Mojave 10.14.6 and keep getting this message. "Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required." when try to re-download from App Store. My iMac 27" Late 2012 was recently downgraded from macOs 10.15 ( back to macOS 10.14 (Mojave), and we suspect that is cause but do not know how to correct. Any help would be appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:10 AM

One cannot assume that a failed attempt to install Pages from the Mac App Store will always result in the secondary offer to update the current version for the operating system one is on. Sometimes it works, and other times it does not — based on personal experience, and of the many requests in the Pages for Mac community where it went either way.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Eau Rouge

One cannot assume that a failed attempt to install Pages from the Mac App Store will always result in the secondary offer to update the current version for the operating system one is on. Sometimes it works, and other times it does not — based on personal experience, and of the many requests in the Pages for Mac community where it went either way.

Dec 30, 2020 11:10 PM in response to jatassoc

Yes obviously it gives you a warning, but it does give you the opportunity to download anyway,

why did you not do that in the first place.

I am running Mojave and do not have Garageband on this mac, but a newer mac has GarageBand

my Accounts page in the App Store shows this clicking on the cloud download symbol will show this

warning.

All you do is click Download and the version suitable for use in Mojave will download,

this should have been the same for Pages.

Dec 30, 2020 1:24 PM in response to 6x6

The problem with the older article it was about upgrading the OS, and not downgrading as in my case. what is strange is that the Numbers and Keynote app made the downgrade move no problem. Really just need to find a n older version of Pages that could be upgraded to most recent for Mojave. Thanks anyway.

Dec 30, 2020 2:20 PM in response to jatassoc

Well, guys, sometimes you go for it. After several tries on iMac we went over to my old MacPro with El Capitan and found Pages was missing there also. And an attempt to download on MacPro received the same error message. So back on the iMac we attempted another download form our purchased list, got the error message, but this time we went a head and clicked the Download button and the app downloaded and opened as advertised. So the take from this is don't believe what you read all the Tim

Thanks for all the input, and assistance.

Trying to re-install Pages app on iMac with Mojave 10.14.6 and keep getting this message. "Pages can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.15 or later is required."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.