You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod is not saying anything, I have tried all possible solutions. It is not say a single words just the white light?? What can I do???

My HomePod is not saying anything, I have tried all possible solutions. It is not say a single words just the white light?? What can I do???

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 4:42 AM

HomePod doesn't say a password during setup, unless perhaps you're trying to use the Enter Passcode Manually option. Is your camera broken?

Set up HomePod

Place HomePod on a solid surface with at least 15cm (6 inches) of space around it.

1. Plug HomePod in to power. Wait for a chime and a pulsing white light to appear on the top of HomePod.
  2. Unlock your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod. Tap Set Up when it appears on your device's screen. 
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your HomePod settings. You can also customise and manage all of the settings for HomePod in the Home app after setup. 
  4. When asked, centre HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to complete pairing. If you can't use your camera, tap Enter Passcode Manually and Siri will respond with a four-digit passcode to enter on your device. 
  5. Wait for HomePod to finish setup. Then Siri will greet you and give you a few examples of things you can ask.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 4:42 AM in response to folorunso80

HomePod doesn't say a password during setup, unless perhaps you're trying to use the Enter Passcode Manually option. Is your camera broken?

Set up HomePod

Place HomePod on a solid surface with at least 15cm (6 inches) of space around it.

1. Plug HomePod in to power. Wait for a chime and a pulsing white light to appear on the top of HomePod.
  2. Unlock your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod. Tap Set Up when it appears on your device's screen. 
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose your HomePod settings. You can also customise and manage all of the settings for HomePod in the Home app after setup. 
  4. When asked, centre HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to complete pairing. If you can't use your camera, tap Enter Passcode Manually and Siri will respond with a four-digit passcode to enter on your device. 
  5. Wait for HomePod to finish setup. Then Siri will greet you and give you a few examples of things you can ask.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.