You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dock and menu bar not showing on full screen with external mouse

I'm experiencing a weird behavior on MacOS Big Sur with my MacBook Pro. I have an external keyboard and mouse connected by USB in an USB-C hub LMP.

When I have an application in fullscreen and I try to reach the dock or the menu bar by moving my cursor in the top or the bottom with the mouse, nothing happen. If I disconnect the mouse and do the same with the trackpad, all is working fine.

I didn't have this setup with previous version of MacOS, so I don't know if this is a problem with BigSur.

I didn't find thread with a similar issue. Is anyone having an idea how to fix this problem ?

Thank you

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 6:31 AM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2021 7:53 AM in response to ymettan

Maybe I have misunderstood. Are you also using an external monitor. The symptoms sound a bit like the laptop has extended the display to the second screen rather than mirroring it.

If that's not helpful I recall trackpad and mice have different settings pages within System Prefs. Maybe worth looking in both.

Finally as this does not help fix it - create a new user and see if the same happens when you logon as that user ?

I'll keep thinking and let you know if anything else comes to mind.

Dave

Jan 3, 2021 11:06 AM in response to DaveGarratt

I have an external monitor extending the display but with it or without it, the behavior is the same.

If I have a mouse connected to the Mac Book Pro and if I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen on when an app is in full screen mode, the dock not appear.

When I unplug it and use the trackpad instead, it's working fine.

I tried to create a new user and do the same with it but the problem remain...

If you have another idea, I take it ;-)

Thank you, Yoan

Dock and menu bar not showing on full screen with external mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.